Monday, July 14, 2008

Skinners day

First weekend in july by tradition is Skinners Day at Tonbridge School. Memories of it from when I was aged 6 - 16 are of wearing a pretty dress, looking at lots of art, always standing in the wrong place for the cricketers, strawberries and cream in the Headmasters garden and the best caramel shortbread ever tasted.
This year was my first Skinners Day for about 15 years but Dad's last after 39 years at the same school.

A great day was had by all....

Nice lunch in the orchard centre
Nice weather
Isaac almost disturbing the cricket..

3 Comments:

At 1:26 pm, July 15, 2008, Blogger Maynard Tait said...

What happened on Skinners Day?!

 
At 8:57 pm, July 15, 2008, Blogger Chris Jupp said...

I'm with Maynard... what did happen on Skinners Day?

I think we have a right to know and I shall be starting a protest facebook group post haste.

 
At 7:56 pm, July 16, 2008, Blogger Maynard Tait said...

Now I remember!

Maynard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home